Monday, October 12, 2009

Chapter Eleven - The Return of The Pale Rider




My cell phone rang. The display read, “I Am.”

“Original” I thought to myself.


I hit the green answer button and said, “Hello Geeeeezuzzz!”


“Ted, my man! The circus is in town and we’re going. I will pick you up in fifteen.”

I snapped my cell phone shut, then went outside and sat down on my stoop, waiting for my latest adventure with The Son of Man to begin. At least today he was driving for change.

The sound of squealing tires punched through my suburban subdivision like a Japanese Zero on steroids making a low level bombing run. Around the corner appeared a pale grey Bentley Continental GT coupé, with Jesus grinning like a mad man behind the wheel. The Lord must have been doing 90 mph when he slid sideways, then backed into my driveway with the tires smoking. The passenger window came down, and The Lord commanded, “Get in Theodore.”

I got in the Bentley and closed the door to the sound of a $300,000 quality “thud.” “Where did you get THIS car?” I asked the King of Kings.

“At the Bentley dealer, duh! I have connections.”

We pulled out of the Rolling Meadows housing development and Jesus was headed to I 75 South. "Are we going for a tour of blighted America? Is that the 'circus?'" I asked.

"More or less."
replied The Lord.

As we drove, all the construction was cleared and we passed right through.

"I will have to ride with you more often." I joked with HE.

We got off the freeway and made our way to Comerica Park. The Jumbo Sign read that Reverend Joel Graham was there today, with his “God Loves You Just the Way You Are” tour. The Lord let out a chuckle and said, “How do people keep falling for this crap?” while shaking his head.

This, of course, is the circus Jesus was referring to.


The Lord walked right through “Security” with a fake press pass with me tagging behind him like a new puppy. He marched right up to the base of the stage, turned and reached in his back pack and said, “Videotape this so we can upload it onto YouTube later.”

“Man, we are going to be in trou-ble” I thought to myself. (I wouldn’t miss it for anything on Earth, or in heaven.)

Jesus looked out over the 100,000 who gathered to hear the TV preacher, and said, “What is wrong with you people? You all go around mindless yapping about how ‘God is love.’ and ‘You are not perfect, just forgiven.’ Blah, blah, blah. Let me tell you something God is not just love, God is also vengeance! And right now, vengeance is on his mind.

There is not one of you who think for themselves. Everything you think you know has been created and fed to you by propagandists and politicians. You fall into the same game over and over again. Left versus right. Man versus woman. Black versus white. This is called the Hegelian Dialectic. It has been written about for 150 years, but you don’t know that because you don’t actually read anything. If it isn’t reported on the nightly news, it isn’t real to you. It was written that in the twenty first century you would not be able to think for yourselves. It has come to pass.

You are being lied to on such a grand scale you cannot imagine any other world than the one that has been created for you. If you are told something or someone is good or bad, you believe it. You are told to fear the people of the desert, so you do. You send you sons and daughters off to slaughter innocent people in far away lands, and they return to you broken and slaughtered. You hold onto your flag like the Holy Grail and weep for your children. Weep for all children of all people. Do you really think the Father cares what country you were born in? Do you know how many countries have appeared and vanished since the beginning? The Father did not give you a mind that was designed to think, only to have you use it as a receiver and re-transmitter of falsehoods. Here is a simple tool you can use, if ‘everyone’ thinks something is true, it isn’t. If you are told the truth by someone on TV, you haven’t been. Liars will always be liars.”

Someone shouted out, “Which is the right path? Who do we follow?

“Do not follow the herd of the red flag, or the herd of the blue flag. The only path to follow is your path alone. I have been called The Sheppard, because you are sheep, but you do not follow me. You follow others who say they know me. They do not. You follow anyone who tells you what you want to hear. What you want to hear is that there is no right and wrong. You want to hear that it is all relative. You want to hear that no matter what you do, you will gain the kingdom. As surely as there is day and night, there are good and evil. Satan is alive and well in many. Just as those who create goodness, know. Those who create evil know. It is not the sins of what you have done, or what you have thought that will damn you to hell. It is the sin of what you didn't do! It is the sin of doing nothing, DOING NOTHING is what you are all guilty of. You walk by the poor, you cross the street to avoid the crippled; you avert your eyes pretending to not see a beggar. You are supposed to be the vessels of God here on Earth. Instead, you are nothing but self-centered egotists. Every day, you spend your money on things you don’t need, for happiness you cannot achieve, all the while denying that it is up to you to change the world.

It has always been up to you!

You sit and kneel and pray waiting for me to come back and make your world all better. What you failed to realize, is that if Jesus was coming back, it wasn’t to reward the righteous. The righteous will be rewarded after this life. I suggest you go back and read The Old Testament, read of The Father’s anger and wrath to find why I am here.

Most of you will leave here today, go back to your lives and forget what I have told you. You will convince yourselves that it was just a mad man who took the stage today. The Father can no longer wait for you to act. That is why we are here. Before the sun rises, the end of one great evil begins. We are going to go Old Testament on this Earth.”

The crowd looked at each other, and wondered what great evil Jesus was referring to

Someone shouted, “What? What will you end?”

The Lord said, “Three days from when the sun next rises you will know.”

“Go now, and tell all you know that Judgment Night is at hand.”

The crowd, now stunned, was frozen. They were looking for the Reverend Joel Graham to retake the stage. The Reverend was seen coughing and rubbing his eyes, as he was whisked to his waiting limo. The great mass of people slowly dispersed, some believing that had seen the Son of Man, others were shaking their heads in disbelief.

The sound of police sirens racing to Comerica Park pierced through the air.

Jesus, left the stage and morphed into a disfigured man, to better clear the crowd. He was chuckling. “That should make the evening news! Eh, Ted?” he said to me.

“It’s going to make something….” I was officially freaked out.

The Lord let me drive the Bentley over to Culver’s for a burger and milkshake. After which, he dropped me off at home. “Remember to upload that onto YouTube tonight!” The Lord instructed me, and put the video camera into my hand.

“Hey! I don’t remembering signing up to be an apostle or whatever I am supposed to be now.” I said to The One.

“Ted, you signed up the first time your soul was angered over the inhumanity of humanity.” Jesus said.

With that, Jesus dropped the Bentley into gear and went screaming into the night.


copyright 2009 Ted Sky all rights reserved

No comments: