Saturday, October 17, 2009

Chapter Thirteen - Day One 12:00 noon


I took my lunch break, and after getting a chicken salad sandwich from the company cafe', check news web site to see what was going on in the world, and if Jesus' promise to "end a great evil" had begun.

freep.com had a story about the people blinded by the chemical explosion, but it seemed the cloud did not dissipate. There were now 153 reported blindings, many from outside the containment area. Was that the work of The Lord?

I jumped over to cnn.com. All across America people were waking up blind. I decided to run home and see if their were any reports on network news.

Running out of the office, I told Mandy, my administrative assistant I would be back in an hour. My home was only a few miles from work.

As soon as I walked out the door, I heard police and ambulance sirens coming from every direction. "What the hell is going on?" I thought to myself, as ran to my SUV. As soon as I got in, and started the engine, I flipped on the radio to the local news channel, it was a special news segment on the cases of people waking up blind. "This is bad...." I said out loud.

The traffic on Brown Road was heavy, mostly due to the constant pulling over to make way for an ambulance racing past. I decided to take a short cut down Josyln and over to Flint Ridge to get to Maybee Road, which was the main road to my subdivision. It still took me twenty-five minutes for a two mile drive. Walking would have been faster.

When I pulled in my driveway, I hit the garage door opener button, parked my car and ran under the opening garage door. Walking into my kitchen, I saw my flat screen TV was already on, and a voice said, "That took you long enough." It was, The Son of Man.

"Jesus! I'm glad to see your okay. Is this your doing?" as I pointed to the TV.

"Ted, just have a seat." The Lord replied.

I sat down on the couch next to The Lord to watch the CNN Special Report. Reports of people waking up blind were coming in from all over the world. Not just blind, their eyes were gone, burned out during the night. There were warnings to remove children from the room before they showed the photos and videos of people swarming hospitals, screaming “It hurts! It hurts!” holding their faces, with black holes where they eyes used to be. Some of the holes in their heads were still smoking. "My God..." I said out loud.

"Present!" Jesus shouted. "Do you think this is Old Testament enough? Will anyone connect what I said last night with today's events?" The Lord said with a sarcatic smirk on his face.

"What is this all about?" I asked HE. "How are these people connecte?"

The Lord Explained, "The people that this is happening to don't even know what connects them. Some might suspect what their sin is, but they aren't sure. All will know in time, Theodore. I think by the end of Day Three........well, let's hope so."

I sat there watching the horror unfold across the world. I was racking my brain trying to understand this. All of these people, from all parts of the world, had something in common. Dorf Pitster was doing his best to seem intelligent, in what was quickly becoming a world-wide crisis. I looked at my watch and realized that whatever this was, it wasn't over yet. This day started at sunrise in Detroit, Michigan. It was moving West as the sun moved across the sky. Parts of the world were still under the cover of night. And it was only Day One.

Back to work.

copyright 2009 Ted Sky all rights reserved

No comments: