
I woke up, brushed my teeth, and looking at my aging face in the mirror. Time is cruel to us, I thought. I went down to the kitchen and got out the plastic red bowl I have used for my cereal for over thirty years. I laughed to myself, thinking how odd it was that I HAD to use this bowl to eat from. It was from margarine. My mom got it long ago, and I had taken it with me when I left home at eighteen. It is the perfect depth, and has the right pitch for my organic cereal and rice milk. I thought to myself that I should ask Jesus about the whole food allergy epidemic. "Jesus..." Was that that some wacked out dream last night? No, it had happened. Our biggest and scariest adventure yet. Up till now, my friendship with the Son Of Man was pretty much my secret. Now, a lot of people were going to know that Jesus has returned, and boy is he pissed! I got out my notebook to check how many hits the YouTube video of his sermon from the ballpark had since I uploaded it. Holy.......... 1,265,153. Over one million hits since late last night? This was going viral. It hit the refresh button. 1, 275,242. Ten thousand more views? I hit it again. It jumped to 1,313,313. There were tens of thousand of comments. Some uber-believers, and a lot of skeptics.
I looked for the remote, and turned on the TV. It was the normal AM broadcast, traffic, sports, local politics, and one story about a few people near a chemical plant who woke up blind. A leak of hydrogen chloride mixing with some other chemical was suspected. The feature story was about the mad man who took the stage last night at Comerica Park - Jesus Christ. They weren't admitting that, but I knew. I knew.
Finishing my cereal, I said I silent prayer. "The Lord is my sheperd..."
Off to work.
copyright 2009 Ted Sky all rights reserved
No comments:
Post a Comment