Sunday, December 27, 2009

Chapter Eighteen - Day Three 2:17 AM


I was having a dream, another vivid dream. The Son of Man and I were walking on a remote beach. The water was shimmering. There was not a sound in the air, save for the surf. I turned around to check. Just as I thought, there were two sets of footprints. I let out a "Ha!"

"What was that for, Theodore?" askith The Lord.

"Oh. Nothing. Just an inside joke with myself." was all I had the balls to admit.

The Lord turned to me, put his left hand on my right shoulder, took his right hand and rapped the top of my head with his knuckles.

"Hey, hey! What is THAT for?" I asked, as I rubbed the top of my skull.

"Family Guy, Ted? You watched a Family Guy Marathon?!??!" The Lord was expressing his dissatisfaction with my TV viewing choice from the evening. "You know, they aren't excatly kind to Christians on that show!"

"Come on now Jesus! It's just edgey humor, that's all." I defended.

"Hey, I don't mind me, but they like to make fun of my mom and dad too," Jesus was genuinely hurt.

"Okay. You're right Jesus. Poor choice on my part. My apologies to your mom and dad too."

"Apology accepted," Jesus said. "I will pick you up at 8:00 AM. I have to make a few stops in the morning, then we are going to go live later in the day."

"Live?" I asked.

Then I woke up from my sleep.

The clock flashed 2:17 AM.

There was a lump on my head.

I let out a groan and went back to sleep.
copyright 2010 Ted Sky all rights reserved

No comments: